The Link offers:
- 6 spacious classrooms: 5 with room for up to 24 people, 1 seating 40 people
- 4 seminar rooms
- 11 group study rooms
- Numerous informal spaces for individual and collaborative work plus kiosk-style computing
- Ready access to library resources and services
- On-site, full-service Service Desk providing classroom and individual support, scheduled and ad-hoc training, and equipment loans. Hours can be found at http://oit.duke.edu/help (see "Walk-In At The Link".)
Link spaces are prioritized for academic use, focused on support for courses.
Each teaching space in the Link is configured with a projector and screen or LCD display, multimedia playback equipment, and other technologies to support dynamic teaching and experimentation, including:
- Attached rooms for smaller groups
- Audio/video recording capabilities to capture classroom activities
- Multiple flat panel displays
- Projection capability from multiple sources at once
- On-site videoconferencing
- Multimedia production equipment
- One classroom with permanent Windows workstations
- MacBook Pros on carts for course use on-site
- HD video kits for loan (see Equipment from the Link Desk)
Some of this equipment is available for loan to any Duke affiliate with a valid, current ID card. The remainder is primarily for academic use and must be reserved by faculty in advance.
Individual instructors or departments who wish to make additional equipment available for circulation should contact the Link Service Desk.
The furniture in each Link space, including common areas, is designed to offer maximum flexibility of use. Setup and configuration of the room furniture during the day is the responsibility of the people using the rooms.